Considering a new car this spring? Here are some things to keep in mind before making a final decision.
- Determine what you will use the vehicle for. This will help you determine the type of vehicle you should be looking for, like a van, sedan, economy car or SUV.
- Set your budget. Depending on how you budget, this may be a monthly payment amount or overall cost of the vehicle. Remember, the long you make payments, the more you will pay overall.
- Decide whether a lease or a purchase is best for you. Where do you want to be at the end of the payment period?
- Take your time and do your research. Compare mileage figures and safety ratings along with the costs. Don’t buy on your first trip to a dealer.
- The vehicle you buy will affect insurance rates. If you narrow your choice down to two or three vehicles, it can be worth a call to your insurance agency to see if that should be a consideration.